Monday

Quilts for Kids - Thomas the Train

I finished the Thomas the Train Quilts for Kids quilt and I tried to photograph it when the sun was going down so the photos are a little dark.

Each "plus sign" uses 5 squares of fabric.  Of course, some of the plus signs on the edges of the quilt are only partial plus signs so I used the leftover few blocks on the back.  I also had this fussy cut Thomas the Train piece of fabric that I could not figure out how to incorporate into the front of the quilt so I used that on the back by placing it in the middle and surrounding it with leftover fabrics from the front.  I like making the back of these quilt look a special so the kid that is under it has his or her own special view of cuteness from the inside.

I've been on the look-out for clearance fabric where I can buy whatever is left on the bolt to use on the backs of these quilts. This green striped fabric was one of those I picked up that way so it was nice that the colors went well with the rest of the quilt.

A good problem I have is that I ran out of Quilts for Kids labels. With such a busy summer schedule ahead of me, I won't be sewing the label on until after the July meeting which means I won't be turning the quilt in until the August meeting.  Here's to hoping I have a few more done by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment