Friday

Quilted Teacher Gift Baskets

Teacher gifts
Quilted Teacher Baskets
I made a bunch of these cute quilted baskets as teacher gifts for my granddaughter, Chloe.  She has four teachers, but I made 6 baskets. I just never know if there will be that special someone who should get one of these so I figured a few extra wouldn't hurt.

I made these using a tutorial over at Pink Penguin's blog.  You can find the instructions here. It's easy to make and actually easier than what I did. I added the machine quilting over the blocks and the tutorial did not include that.  I also fussy cut the fabric that makes the bottoms, so I had to make the bottom piece a little bigger so I could cut it in half then put it back together so that the directional fabric was facing up on both sides.

I am not sure how we will fill them, but at least it's a start on the Christmas items for this year.

3 comments:

  1. Your baskets are adorable! What pattern do you use or is it your own creation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brother, I guess it would be a good idea to read before I comment. Haha. I found the site with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the tutorial. Enjoy!

      Delete