I don't like to make excuses but that last block and the final borders came at the same time I got my congenital degenerative disc disease diagnosis. So I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. And as the weeks went on I move on to other projects and left this one behind.
I had some incentive to complete it when Michele, the quilt-along coordinator sent an email stating that the PDF quilt-along series would only be available for a few more weeks then she was turning the instructions into a booklet that would be for sale only. I still didn't finish it. And that was last year.
This April, Michele posted on her blog that her patterns would be on sale for the low, low price of $5 each. I took that opportunity to purchase the now completed booklet so I could finish the quilt top. I still didn't finish it.
While sorting through my fabric in an effort to get organized, I came across the sampler and realized I was so close to finishing the top. So in less than two days, I got the top done! I don't know what I was waiting for!
The funny thing about taking photos of this quilt is that they look like I took them in black and white but they are in color.