So I dug out my scrap basket and found the right sized scraps to fit the pattern pieces and before I knew it, I had a dozen of them ready to sew. It was fun to pick out the ribbons for the tail feathers as well.
After looking at the version Svetlana made, I decided to use fabric instead of felt for the beaks which is also what was used in the original instructions.
Since I started my recovery from neck surgery, these little projects are so nice. They are manageable without causing me much pain and they fill my time so I am not so bored since I can't really do much. And I am so happy with the results, I can't wait to make some more. The original instructions and pattern to make these little cuties can be found here.
I can't wait for my granddaughters to see them, I think they are going to be attracted to their bright colors.