Thursday

International Quilt Festival - Chicago

Quilts on DisplayToday a group of us from the Quilts for Kids Milwaukee chapter attended the International Quilt Festival in Chicago. It was really fun to go with a group of women who love quilting as much as I do.

We perused the display quilts and took photos of our favorites. I made a collage of the ones that I liked the most. I do love the Dear Jane quilts although I'm not so sure I would make one myself. Obviously if I did, it would have to be from fresh modern fabrics.

The quilts were all beautiful and I was amazed at the number of them on display. There were so many they took up half of the Rosemont's main hall.

Half the fun of the quilt show is the shopping. There were quilt shops from all over the country and this was a great place to pick up a few things from those far away shops. I also saw a demo of a fabric marker that was easy to use; the marks went away with a swipe of a hot iron. I could not resist that purchase. I picked up a few fat quarters that were on special and added to my black/white (low volume) collection. I also found a cute pattern I've never seen before. I was happy to find that happy medium between not spending too much money and coming home with some cool finds.

It was great to attend with a group of women. I usually take my husband along for the company but this time he was off the hook. Funny thing when I got home was that I couldn't tell if he was disappointed that I had a good time without dragging him along or disappointed. I'm sure he will get another opportunity to tag along with me to a quilt show, until then, I'd like to thank the QfK ladies for making this a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment