Thursday

Wisconsin Shop Hop Fabric Table Topper

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are die-hard University of Wisconsin Badger football fans. To top it off, their son played the tuba in the Badger band. That made their Badger football experiences even sweeter. So needless to say, I'm pretty certain their favorite song of all time is the University of Wisconsin theme song, "On Wisconsin".

This year's shop hop fabric line has a print with sheet music that says "On Wisconsin" on it. And although the fabric colors are a little muted from the University of Wisconsin colors of red and white, it seemed obvious to me that I had to make something for my sister-in-law out of this fabric line. Since she is coming to visit at the end of this week, I figured I better get started.

Since I work at a local quilt shop, I decided to take their free shop hop block and turn it into a table runner. I bought the last quilt block kit at the shop and added some extra yardage to it, especially the sheet music print. I thought a table runner would look good on either their coffee table or their dining room table and it would make a nice conversation piece when people looked at the print up-close. I hope she likes the finished product.
Wisconsin Shop Hop Tablerunner

Wisconsin Shop Hop Tablerunner

No comments:

Post a Comment