Tuesday

Quilted Baskets

I received a request to make some quilted baskets out of really fun fabric. It has film rolls all over it. Some of us see this as nostalgic however it isn't... yet. In fact, I think the photos taken with film are so much better than the digital ones we take now. Although I am sure they would be better if I weren't printing them out on my crappy little color printer. But I digress...


The fabric is so bright and cheery that I decided to quilt it with some nice yellow rayon specialty thread. They are lined in simple black fabric and look like little soldiers all in rows. I did my best to cut as many of these baskets out and I got to 11 before I ran out of fabric. All that was left was one small 2" by 10" strip once I was done. I think they are very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment