Sunday

Weighted Pin Cushion and Thread Catcher

I wanted to make a thread catcher for my travel machine. I decided to use the instructions from Elizabeth Hartman's tutorial over on her blog, OhFrannson. The thread catcher also has a weighted pin cushion to hold it in place.

I used some cute fat quarters I picked up at my local quilt shop, Elmwood Fabric Gallery and I keep a ziploc bag full of scented rice in my sewing room for just such projects. I couldn't wait to get started.

The project took me less than two hours to complete. It probably would have been even quicker if it weren't for the hand-sewing parts. I always seem to be a bit putzy when it comes to hand-sewing. I like how I can detach the basket part from the pin cushion for easy storage in my Tutto bag. And I like the little pockets to hold my scissors. Here is the link to the tutorial I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment