Monday

Quilts for Kids - Superman Tipsy Tumbler Quilt

Quilts for KidsI made this quilt using a piece of Superman fabric I got from the Quilts for Kids stash. I really wanted to keep the scenery in tact so it tells a story. So I chose to make it look like something like a film reel. However, the pieces of fabric weren't all that wide but they were long so I had to improvise to get to a nice lap size.

I chose to take some of the Superman fabric and make tipsy tumbler blocks by fussy cutting the Superman figures from the fabric. I found the instructions for the block on the Missouri Star Quilt Company website. They are a great source of inspiration for quilting. The tumbler blocks went together very quickly and easily. In fact, they were fun to make.

I backed the quilt in a light blue fabric I found in my personal stash and free-motion quilted it for a quick finish.
Tipsy Tumbler Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment