Wednesday

A Resolution - Finishing Old Projects

This is my little helper, Ruxin. Whenever he needs some attention he lets me know. And I must admit, I haven't been paying as much attention to him as I usually do. That's because I am on a mission to finish up my UFOs. I decided to make a new year's resolution to finish as many of my unfinished projects as possible before starting anything new.

I took out my stack of finished quilt tops to do a mental inventory of what needed to be done. I discovered I had three quilts with both tops and backs made. They just needed to be sandwiched and quilted. So I am getting to work! The quilt on the machine is made from fabric I purchased at the 2013 Wisconsin Shop Hop so it is definitely one of a few overdue projects.

Normally I don't think much about resolutions, usually if I decide to do something, I just do it. I don't need to wait for a new year's holiday. But as we get into the heart of winter and considering for the first time in a few years I am not facing or recovering from a surgery, it seems like a good time to get to work. Here's to staying focused and finishing some long neglected projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment