Friday

Windowpane Quilt - Completed

Countdown to Christmas Fabric by Sweetwater
In my continuing effort to complete the unfinished, this is my Windowpane quilt. I planned to take this to a longarmer some day, but now I am committed to quilt all my quilts myself. So I took this quilt off of my long-overdue pile and got it done!

I made this quilt using a jelly roll and I had many pieces of strips left. I also had a large piece of the tan marble mates left after piecing the front but not enough to make a backing. So I put the two together and lo and behold...there was enough to make the back. I love when things come together with a little imagination.

I am happy to have this off the unfinished pile and look forward to the next big (unfinished) thing. I have a few more projects to complete before I can say I was successful in keeping my 2016 new year's resolution of completing my UFOs. I also have to mention how fun it was to photograph this quilt in the snow. It seemed so appropriate.
Countdown to Christmas Fabric by Sweetwater

No comments:

Post a Comment