Sunday

My Aunt Dorothy and cousin Jeff

My cousin was in a motorcycle crash and hospitalized for 6 weeks before he died on April 2 at the age of 52. He was broadsided by a person who did not look before pulling out of a parking lot. He lived in Phoenix where there was a small service for him. Within less than a month his mother, my Aunt Dorothy passed away at the age of 95. We're pretty sure she died from a broken heart.

Jeff loved motorcycling and it was a passion of his since he was young. He was a veteran Marine, a dad and a husband. My Aunt Dorothy was a go-getter that had more energy than people half her age. She even went on a hot-air balloon ride for her 90th birthday. I always thought of her as my best-dressed aunts. She was soft-spoken and beautiful.

So here in Milwaukee, there was a double funeral service. It brought family together from Phoenix, Cincinnati, Chicago and all around Wisconsin. It was heart-wrenching yet there is a warmth from a gathering of family no matter what the circumstances.

We will miss you Jeff and Aunt Dorothy. May you both rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment