Thursday

Patchwork Quilt Top

I came across a simple quilt block pattern. All it took was 35 10-inch squares of fabric cut into 2 pieces. Those pieces were then mixed up then sewn to another piece. Then those blocks were cut in half and mixed up to sew two different halves together. Then the fun began. The blocks were arranged and re-arranged until they made a pleasing pattern.

Since I used scrap fabrics to make the 10-inch squares, I don't think the results made a very pretty quilt top. It is really scrappy which was my intention and even though the colors coordinated, I'm not so sure about the result.

I think I will set it aside and make another attempt using the same pattern. It took less than a day to put it all together so I don't mind trying again. Maybe with the next one I will use more muted colors. I certainly have plenty of scraps to make plenty of 10-inch squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment