Sunday

What's on the design board?

Last month was filled with a lot of stressful events. Taxes due, funerals...yes that is plural, plus many more little things like spring cleaning, volunteer projects and some babysitting. I've been taking on lots of extra work and it's taking it's toll on my sewing and my mental health. I don't see May as a slower month either. I need to paint my kitchen and hire someone to do some landscaping in my back yard. Then there's the garden- it will be planting season soon. Even though it's hard work, I do love it. 
As for the design board, I started a project called Mod Squad. I picked out 13 fat quarters and in less than two days, I had all my blocks made. The pattern is from the Spring/Summer 2015 issue of Fresh Quilts. I spent the day sewing the blocks together and in a few hours I had the entire quilt top completed.

This was definitely a fast and easy quilt top to make. In fact I miscounted and accidentally made an extra block. It's going to be fun to pick out the backing...and incorporate that extra block in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment