Monday

Avery's Birthday Cake - with Disgust and Anger!

Today is my granddaughter's 4th birthday. When I asked her if I could bake her a birthday cake she said, "Yes. It needs to be a pink cake with pink frosting and it has to have Disgust and Anger on it."

I had no idea what that meant. Her mother had to explain that Disgust was a character in the movie, Inside-Out. Ah, I remember that movie! There was Disgust and Joy and Anger and Sadness...and a few others I couldn't remember.

My daughter said it would be tough to do anything with those characters but she knew she could get a toy set at the Disney Store that might help. So she bought the toy set and brought it over last week. So I went about making a pink cake with pink frosting. It was really a yellow cake and white-marshmallow frosting with pink food coloring thrown in. I decided that the easiest thing to do was to make a sheet cake, cut a third of it off and stack it on top like a step. That way I could add the characters.

Now I never profess to being any sort of baker or cake decorator so the end results were not that pretty. However, Avery did not notice, she just saw her cake with those characters and she was delighted. 4-year olds can be easy to please (sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment