Thursday

What's on the design board?

My husband and I took a road trip along the Mississippi River earlier this summer. We stopped at a quilt shop in Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin called The Pickett Fence. I purchased this cute fabric with the campers on it.

I decided it was perfect for my girlfriend who just bought a new house. She and her husband bought their house out in the country on a few acres of land and it has a huge outbuilding. (My husband is so jealous!) She was definitely trading her city girl life for the country. The funny thing is that they just bought a brand new fancy camper two summers ago. When she bought this new house she stated that she was selling her camper because now she lives where she wants to vacation. In fact, she invited her fellow camping friends to feel free to "pitch their tents" right on her property. So it seems that making her a housewarming gift from this cute camper fabric is the right thing to do. She is having a party in October so I have a little time to finish the table topper I am planning to make for her.

On another note, I found these adorable Shopkins and Peppa Pig fabrics at the local Jo-Ann's. My granddaughter, Avery loves these characters so I plan on making her something with them but I'm not sure just what. Maybe if they hang out on the design board for a while inspiration will hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment