I borrowed my friend, Sue's 'Lil Twister template to make a tabletopper. I couldn't wait to give it a whirl. I used 35 charm squares to make a panel with a 3" border. Using the template, I cut out all the "twist" blocks and sewed them together. It really look quite cute.
It was a bit of a challenge to cut the blocks out without cutting too far around the template. There's a little wiggle-room, but not much. I ended up with some waste in the form of little squares in-between all the cuts.
When I put the new blocks together, there was a bit of stretch in the fabric since the blocks were now on the bias. It did make it easy to nest the seams when sewing the rows together.
Now I just have to add another border, quilt and bind this sweet little tabletopper.